2019 Spring Class Schedule
Learners Improve Their Lives Through Literacy
Literacy for Life helps over 800 adults a year. If you want to improve your literacy, or know someone who does, contact us for more information.
New learners need to complete the following steps:
- Make an appointment with the Assessment Specialist. The Specialist will:
- ask you about your goals.
- give you a pre-assessment to better understand your needs.
- explain the program to you.
- help you decide if Literacy for Life is right for you.
- Use our computer lab and join a conversation group or instructional class while you wait for a tutor.
- Meet your tutor and/or attend classes regularly.
To attend Literacy for Life, learners must:
- Live or work in Williamsburg, James City County, or upper York County
- Commit to attend at least 1 1/2 hours every week
- Set a goal to reach at least 60 hours of instruction (classes, computer programs and/or one-on-one tutoring)
For more information about being a learner in our program, including learners’ responsibilities, we invite you to read our Learner Handbook:
- Learner Information – English
- Learner Information – Spanish
- Learner Information – French
- Learner Information – Chinese
- Learner Information – Vietnamese
Browse our Library Collection (click on the button below)
Type in library name: Literacy4Life Password: Use the same computer network “Learner” password as used at the center