Literacy for Life opens up a variety of new opportunities for people, including:
- Handling daily tasks with increased independence
- Completing high school
- Getting a job
- Receiving a promotion at work
- Passing the U.S. citizenship exam
- Passing the driver's license test
- Handling personal finances
- Reading to children and helping with homework
- Talking to doctors with new-found confidence
- Making healthy choices in diet, exercise and lifestyle
Volunteers Are The Life Blood Of Our Program
- One-on-one and small group instruction in reading, writing, math, and spoken English
- Help with special events
- Assistance with fundraising
- Administrative support
Donors Enable Our Program's Success
- $500 to purchase software for the computer-assisted learning lab
- $400 to support a learner for an entire semester
- $100 to support registration and testing of two new learners
- $75 for a one-semester subscription to News for You, a current events newspaper for adult readers
The Learning Center
Literacy for Life's learning center provides ample space to meet the needs of its learners, tutors, and staff:
- The Ferguson Room
- Computer-Assisted Learning Lab (CALL)
- The Crone Room
- The Lending Library
- Reception Area
Help someone you know become a student!
Literacy for Life helps students function better in their daily lives, achieve their personal goals, and reach their full potential as literate members of society.
Make a difference in someone’s life today!
Literacy for Life trains and supports tutors as they make a meaningful difference in the learners' lives.
Find out how you can contribute to our students’ success!
Literacy for Life continuously strives to develop and maintain a stable funding base to provide the best services for the community.
Reason #18 to invest in Literacy for Life.Thursday May 21, 2015
The Health Education And Literacy program (HEAL) is producing results and endors...Thursday May 21, 2015
Quiz time – how many of these books-turned-movies have YOU read? And was the bo...Wednesday May 20, 2015
Take a step back and look at how communication connects you to the world - frien...Saturday May 16, 2015