Literacy for Life opens up a variety of new opportunities for people, including:
- Handling daily tasks with increased independence
- Completing high school
- Getting a job
- Receiving a promotion at work
- Passing the U.S. citizenship exam
- Passing the driver's license test
- Handling personal finances
- Reading to children and helping with homework
- Talking to doctors with new-found confidence
- Making healthy choices in diet, exercise and lifestyle
Volunteers Are The Life Blood Of Our Program
- One-on-one and small group instruction in reading, writing, math, and spoken English
- Help with special events
- Assistance with fundraising
- Administrative support
Donors Enable Our Program's Success
- $500 to purchase software for the computer-assisted learning lab
- $400 to support a learner for an entire semester
- $100 to support registration and testing of two new learners
- $75 for a one-semester subscription to News for You, a current events newspaper for adult readers
The Learning Center
Literacy for Life's learning center provides ample space to meet the needs of its learners, tutors, and staff:
- The Ferguson Room
- Computer-Assisted Learning Lab (CALL)
- The Crone Room
- The Lending Library
- Reception Area
Help someone you know become a student!
Literacy for Life helps students function better in their daily lives, achieve their personal goals, and reach their full potential as literate members of society.
Make a difference in someone’s life today!
Literacy for Life trains and supports tutors as they make a meaningful difference in the learners' lives.
Find out how you can contribute to our students’ success!
Literacy for Life continuously strives to develop and maintain a stable funding base to provide the best services for the community.
Sleep deprivation impairs your focus and concentration, similar symptoms of ADD...Tuesday March 31, 2015
We have both books and people at Literacy for Life – both are amazing! #literacyMonday March 30, 2015
Reading before bed is a great way to rewind. When is your favorite time to read...Sunday March 29, 2015
We’ll have to do without telepathy for now :) #literacySaturday March 28, 2015
“Don’t be afraid, and go try, and you will see a difference in your life.” Wow....Friday March 27, 2015
Such an interesting article! #DidYouKnow? Immigrants today are more than TWICE...Thursday March 26, 2015
“Across the millennia, an author is speaking clearly and silently inside your he...Wednesday March 25, 2015
These four adults could not live a normal life. Why? Watch this inspiring video...Tuesday March 24, 2015
Learning to read is one of the best kinds of liberty. #literacy #freedomMonday March 23, 2015
ANSWER: Franklin D. Roosevelt was President during both the Depression and World...Sunday March 22, 2015