Literacy for Life opens up a variety of new opportunities for people, including:
- Handling daily tasks with increased independence
- Completing high school
- Getting a job
- Receiving a promotion at work
- Passing the U.S. citizenship exam
- Passing the driver's license test
- Handling personal finances
- Reading to children and helping with homework
- Talking to doctors with new-found confidence
- Making healthy choices in diet, exercise and lifestyle
Volunteers Are The Life Blood Of Our Program
- One-on-one and small group instruction in reading, writing, math, and spoken English
- Help with special events
- Assistance with fundraising
- Administrative support
Donors Enable Our Program's Success
- $500 to purchase software for the computer-assisted learning lab
- $400 to support a learner for an entire semester
- $100 to support registration and testing of two new learners
- $75 for a one-semester subscription to News for You, a current events newspaper for adult readers
The Learning Center
Literacy for Life's learning center provides ample space to meet the needs of its learners, tutors, and staff:
- The Ferguson Room
- Computer-Assisted Learning Lab (CALL)
- The Crone Room
- The Lending Library
- Reception Area
Help someone you know become a student!
Literacy for Life helps students function better in their daily lives, achieve their personal goals, and reach their full potential as literate members of society.
Make a difference in someone’s life today!
Literacy for Life trains and supports tutors as they make a meaningful difference in the learners' lives.
Find out how you can contribute to our students’ success!
Literacy for Life continuously strives to develop and maintain a stable funding base to provide the best services for the community.
Anything is possible with reading. #inspiration #literacySaturday February 28, 2015
High school graduation rates have hit a new high in the US at 81%. Let’s help g...Friday February 27, 2015
Ready for a movie night? Here are some awesome documentary films about education...Thursday February 26, 2015
#Didyouknow Reading frequency declines after age eight. How do you keep up your...Wednesday February 25, 2015
We know OUR teachers are superheroes. Thank you for all your hard work! Tuesday February 24, 2015
ANSWER: The Louisiana Territory! This area of land cost $15 million and containe...Sunday February 22, 2015
Who knew #music was such a powerful learning tool? How do you like to integrate...Sunday February 22, 2015
It’s time for some #citizenship trivia! Q: What territory did the United States...Sunday February 22, 2015
“Once I began to read, I began to exist.” Walter Dean Myers takes an excellent l...Saturday February 21, 2015